Zogenaamde High profile bekeeringen

Dit forum is alleen bedoeld voor getuigenissen van ex Moslims en de moderator heeft het recht zonder enige voorkennis alle off-topic threads verplaatsen in daarvoor bestemde folders.
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

Sam Solomon - a former Muslim scholar Islamic Scholar: “There is No Forgiveness in Islam”By George Thomas
CWNews

CWNews.com– Sam Solomon, a former Muslim scholar in the Middle East and now a leading Christian apologist in Europe offers his insights on the controversy that has wracked the Muslim world.

George Thomas : Sam, this has been a couple of months since these controversial cartoons came out. Why now? And do you have a sense that there is a sinister plot behind the scenes, that maybe there’s a country, a regime or a people group behind, fueling these riots around the Middle East?

Sam Solomon : Indeed, this is the plan that they want--that is the Islamic world— wants to make it equivalent to the anti-Semitic law that nobody should touch the sanctities of Islam, Mohammed or the Koran or any of their beliefs.

George Thomas : Are you saying…You know, we’ve seen some of these things happen in Australia, where they what they call the ‘vilification’ law, that if you say anything disparaging against Muslims, that it is a crime. Do you have a sense that Muslims in Western Europe and around the world wanted to make this so that people who disparage the prophet Mohammed or other aspects of Islam, will be punished?

Sam Solomon: Indeed, they have just tried that in Britain, they’d asked the British government, the present government, to include it in their Labor Manifesto, and the religious hate crime bill has just been passed in the UK, but in a very watered-down way. So that is what their aim is, across the world.

George Thomas : And, there is some speculation about whether these cartoons were un-Islamic. What is more important, profaning the prophet Mohammed or profaning Allah, himself?

Sam Solomon : Well, of course, in Islam you can, according to the Islamic jurisprudence, you can curse Allah and live, but if you touch or curse the prophet you are instantly killed.

George Thomas: One quick question, as we move on here, the aspect of forgiveness: the Danes, the Norwegians, even the United States has asked for forgiveness, saying that this was wrong. Do the Muslims forgive the Danes, the Norwegians, those that did this?

Sam Solomon : Whosoever insults the prophet, there is no forgiveness. All Islamic legal manuals declare that, the Koran declares it, and it is a settled case. No amount of forgiveness will do. There heads must be given on a platter.

George Thomas : Let’s talk about the impact on the Christian minorities in these countries, like Egypt, Pakistan, and Indonesia. What are the futures for these minority Christians?

Sam Solomon : Extremely grim. The Koran and Islam has clearly defined their relationship, that is of the minorities, basically the Jews and the Christians with the Muslims. And that declaration is that they are the enemies of Allah and therefore they are the enemies of Islam.

George Thomas : You’ve lived in Europe, you’ve seen the emerging growth of Islam, in Europe. What impact are the Muslims having on the European continent?

Sam Solomon : In Europe, of course, they are increasing in strength. However, it’s not about their strength, it is about the strength and the willpower of the Europeans of whether to preserve their rights and the freedom that is God-given to them, or is it that they are going to surrender and capitulate to Islam and its demands.

George Thomas : In the final few seconds, what is the mood there, especially in Western Europe, among Christians? Is there fear or anger, at the moment?

Sam Solomon : The mood is that of dismay, but I hope that common sense will prevail and that Europe will stand in solidarity with one another.

George Thomas : Sam Solomon, an expert on Islamic jurisprudence. Thank you so much for sharing some insight into these very, very difficult times

http://cbn.com/CBNnews/CWN/021006soloman.asp
When you believe in all the good things of the Gospel and reject everything you think is bad.You don't believe the Gospel but you believe yourself...(augustine)
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

Yusuf Roni - Former Islamic Dawah Missionary, Islamic Youth Organization Chairman, Indonesia - Now Christian Preacher
Testimony of Y. Roni (Palembang - A town in Sumatera, Indonesia).

Since childhood, my family educated me in Islam, which has been our religion from generations for the family of "KEMAS" in Palembang. As the only child, I was taught and "owned" by all family (in Indonesia family can also means - grandparents, etc), means that I was taught by my parents, grandpa, and also my uncles had responsibility to "straighten me up". This is our family sistem that I knew and experience since childhood. So if there was a decision made about me, my parents had no absolute right, because it should have been consulted first by our extended family as I mentioned above.

My grandpa was the one who dominately taught me, that's why I was called Grandpa's son (note: His grandpa was the direct descendant from Daeng Ario Wongso, the son of Tumenggung Nogowongso, the grandson of Prince Fatahillah, it takes 10 generation from Prince Fatahillah to his grandpa).

Because I admired Granpa, whose charm and authority was very enormous in the middle of our family, and in Islamic sociaty in Palembang (!), since childhood I tended to learn about Islam and did the syariat-syariat in the religion well until I grew up consistently.

Rattan was my share (means: being beaten by rattan) since childhood if I was lazy to do religous prayer (ceremony). So hard was my family in teaching me in Islam, that I grew up to be a fanatical follower of Islam!...

After our family moved to Bandung, I was registered to Pesantren YPI (Yayasan Pesantren Islam) - Pesantren is a school to learn Islam - in Jln. Muhammad 16 Bandung, led by Mr. K.H. Udung Abdurahman.

I was active in the Islamic Youth Organization, as:

(1) Chairman of SEPMI (Serikat Pelajar Muslimin Indonesia) Bandung Branch.
(2) Chairman I of SEPMI, West Java Area
(3) Chairman of Lembaga Da'W a h SEPMI Pusat (pusat means the head office or central).
(4) Chairman of Education SEction PSII (Partai Syarikat Islam indonesia, Bandung Branch.
(5) Chairman of Youth Section PSII Bandung....
(6) Chairman of Dawah Section and Youth Indonesian Moslem Pers West Java Area.
(7) Member of GUSII (Gerakan Ulama Syarikat Islam Indonesia = Movement of Ulema Syarikat Islam Indonesia) West Java Area.
( One member of Board of Chairman DPHD KAPPI.

I was active and very keen in defending the Islamic Ideology in any chance, including to stop the growth of Christianity in West Java.

But I never experienced spiritual satisfaction, and my life was always in worry because I never got spiritual peace, even I doubted and wondered about the "guarantee of salvation".

In that situation, I was interested in Jesus Christ who gave the salvation for sure so NOW I get "the peace" from God and now I am in spiritual tranquility since I accepted Jesus as my Saviour...

Why was I interested in Christianity?

I need to explain the reasons I am interested in Christanity. How come Christianity is so interesting, so I willingly shake off Islam that I have adopted since generations and converted to Christianity....

This is not because of the material temptation, or Christians or Priests' sweet words, as people outside Christianity accused that people coverted to Christianity because of material temptation. In this occassion, I would like to explain that that point of view is really wrong.!.....

The truth is, that because "Lord Jesus' calling", personally to everyone He wants. And I myself was very interested because the sureness of salvation that Jesus Christ given in his teachings in the Holy Bible.

In detail, I describe it as follow:

A. The repentance from Sin

(A) The sin
Sin that comes and stay in mankind without exception. No man is sinless. And sin, is still the same...what is sin that burden mankind?

1) The root cause of sin

Since Adam and Eve fell into Iblis' temptation, so mankind lost all the glory of God which was within them. Adam and Eve fell into sin because they broke God's order.
"Snake is the smartest from all the land animal created by God. The snake said to the Woman:"Of course God told you: All the trees in this garden, you cannot eat those fruits, didn't HE?

Then replied the Woman to the snake:
"The fruits of trees in this garden is permissible for us, but about the fruit of tree in the middle of the garden, God told: don't you eat or touch the fruit, because you could DIE!" But the snake said to the Woman:" no, you will not die, but God knows that at the time you eat it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, know about the good and the bad."

The woman see that the fruit of the tree is good to eat and look delicious, besides the tree is very tempting because it can gives knowledge.

so she took the fruits and ate it and she gave some to her husband who was with her and her husband ate it!" So that's the first sin and the big consequence and the punishment came soon. Because Adam and Eve has already gotten God's holy characters, so the sin came from outside of them.

It cames from Iblis with the media of the snake.

With Adam and Eve fell into sin, so the holy characters from God disappeared, so that they found themselves naked, after breaking God's order by eating the forbidden fruit.

(2) Inherited Sin

All people was born from sin, it means human has tendency, the behaviour or the character of sin, this is what is meant by inherited sin.

I used to think that inherited since means the sins inherited: our father's sin, we bear it, or our sin, our children bear for us. This is not what Inherited sin is about! Inherited sin is the tendency of men to make sin or the sin has influenced men's lives from generations, the sin's characters has infiltrated men, for example: defying God, defying to all his laws. This is the characters of men. The proof is the sin of lies. Since childhood there are noone teaching us to lie, but men has already been so good at lying. Is there any man who never lies?

This is the influence of sin which has dwell in human since Adam and Eve fell into sin, and the influence is continuously inherited by mankind. And mankind cannot be free from this sin with his/her own effort.

For example: People who fall into a swamp (sucking mud), the more he/she tries to get free, the more he/she sinks. That's why only if other person helps him/her, he/she can get out of the mud. The Person who can help us get out of the mud of sin is Jesus Christ!

"Because everyone has been sinned!"

"Nobody is righteous, nobody."

"In fact, in this world nobody is pious, who does just good and never makes sin."

(3) The essence of sin:

Sin should be borne and men must bear all their sins.

"In fact, all souls belong to ME! Whether it's the father's or son's belongs to ME! And people who do sin, must die!"

That's why men try to erase his sins in many ways, but to no avail, because men must fall and fall again and cannot avoid their sins.

The essense of sin lies in the heart of man, if the heart has been rotten, the man is more sinned from what can be seen by people physically. And I agree with the teaching of Ki Ageng Suryomentaram, that all goodness and badness lie in the heart of man.

Only Jesus Christ can purify men from all their sins. "And the blood of Jesus, HIS Son, purifies us from all sins." So you know tha in this world, The Son of Man can forgive sin."

That's why men's life is far from peace, there are problems here and there because of sin. Men want to do good but it never comes true, because the LUST (or Flesh) is stronger to hold men than the Spirit of Truth.

"Because Flesh desire is death, but what The Spirit Desires is life and tranquility." Because the sind oing comes from Flesh, human desire that is glued to the human character. The Flesh desire, in Greek is SARX, means the human lust that cannot be freed from that man! "The acitivty of flesh is real, that are: sexual immorality, lust, the worship of idols, witchcraft, fighting, disputes, jealousy, anger, selfishness, etc..etc (I didn't translate all). These are the essense of sin that mean cannot avoid. And What is the consequence?

"Because the wage of sin is death."

(/
When you believe in all the good things of the Gospel and reject everything you think is bad.You don't believe the Gospel but you believe yourself...(augustine)
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

Emir Caner - Turkish Ex-Muslim. (Brother of Dr.Ergun Mehmet) Dean of The College at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary

At the age of 34, Dr. Emir Caner (Ph.D., University of Texas at Arlington) became one of the youngest deans in the history of Evangelicalism. Known throughout much of the media world, Dr. Caner has been featured by secular outlets including CBS, NBC, ABC radio, and PAX. In addition, he is known throughout the Evangelical world appearing on CBN, Inspiration Networks, American Family Radio, Janet Parshall's America, Billy Graham's Decision Today, and Moody Open Line, just to name a few. He has been endorsed by major figures such as Beth Moore and Ann Coulter.

Dr. Caner travels the world defending the faith and persuading audiences of the truth of Jesus Christ. Currently, he is dean of The College at Southwestern (TCS) on the campus of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, the largest seminary in the world. Yet, he has come a long way from his roots. He was raised the son of an Islamic leader until he converted to Christ in 1982. Due to his decision, he was disowned by his father. In the following years, his mother and grandmother also became Christians.

Today, his ministry has reached millions through his speaking as well as his books. Along with his brother, Dr. Ergun Caner (Dean of Liberty Seminary) he is the author of 11 books which have been translated into six different languages and sold more than 200,000 copies. Unveiling Islam won the Gold Medallion Award from the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association while More Than a Prophet was finalist for Book of the Year by Outreach magazine.

He and his wife, Hana, reside in Fort Worth with their two children.

Books : More Than A Prophet - nominated for Outreach Book Awards
Unveiling Islam - nominated for the Gold Medallion Award
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

Jamal Zarka - Former Muslim Imam, Now Evangelist

Jamal is married to Suhad and together they have two boys. Jamal is a former Muslim Imam or cleric. He fervently practiced Islam for years before encountering serious questions about the validity of the religion. When he found no answers to his basic questions, he became disillusioned and walked away. One year later he went to a church somewhere in the Middle East where he heard about salvation for the first time in his life and having a personal relationship with God. He wanted this desperately. Jamal received Jesus as his Lord and Savior and within a short time was working with a campus ministry. He has been to every one of the 1,000 villages in that country. He now plans to bring an EvangeCube team to each village. He is currently pastoring a new church in a major city. Jamal hosted an EvangeCube training in his church four months ago. Since then, their church has led many to faith in Christ and they also have planted five new churches. Jamal also is a student at the only theological seminary in the Middle East. He will receive his Masters degree from this fine institution soon. He is also training every student at the seminary with the EvangeCube. Approximately 100 students per year become church planters and then work in different parts of the Muslim world. Jamal also will be training them in our First Steps church planting course.

Jamal and his wife have a great vision for the entire Middle East. They are convinced that the EvangeCube is the tool that God has raised up to reach the Middle East with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Their passion is to train believers to evangelize their neighbors and then to plant hundreds of churches throughout the Middle East.

http://www.e3partners.org/me/bio-me.html
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

Bishop John Subhan - Former Sufi Muslim Journey of an Sufi

Muslim preparing for the priesthood to become a Methodist Bishop

Before he became a Methodist Bishop in India, Subhan had been a Sufi Muslim preparing for the priesthood. In school, it was common to hear his instructors attack Christianity.

But one day while Subhan was walking home from class, he noticed a scrap of paper tossed by the wind across his path. It turned out to be a page from Matthew's Gospel, describing the crucifixion and death of Christ.

Read Remaining Testimony
http://answering-islam.org.uk/Testimonies/subhan.html

For his detailed autobiography :
http://answering-islam.org.uk/Books/Sub ... /index.htm
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

Abdul Saleeb - Former Sufi Muslim from Middle East, Now Christian Missionary to Muslims.

Abdul Saleeb (pseudonym) was born and raised in a Muslim country in the Middle East. While a student in Europe, Saleeb wrestled for months with the claims of Christ and eventually converted to Christianity. He is the coauthor of Answering Islam-The Crescent in Light of the Cross and "The Dark Side of Islam". He is now a Christian missionary to Muslims in the United States.

For his full Testimony:
http://www.leaderu.com/wri/pages/abdul.html
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

(Anonymous) - Kurdish leader, writer, historian finds God through Bible translation

A well-known Kurdish leader, writer and historian recently became a Christian after working on the translation of the Kurdish New Testament. This is his testimony.

“I am from a Muslim family – my father was a well-known and powerful Islamic leader and we were raised as good Muslims. As a student I was a tireless searcher, reading Islamic theology, history, philosophy and mythology, but I was faithless in my heart.

“One day in 1993 I was approached by the Bible Society who asked me to participate in the translation of the new Kurdish New Testament. I accepted with joy and respect. ‘Now my people will be able to read something in their own language,’ I thought, ‘and that will strengthen our culture.’

Love his enemy?
“I started translating the Book of Matthew. When I came to Matthew 5:44, I was amazed at what I was reading – I could not understand how a man could love his enemy. In my tradition, ‘an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth’ contained the notion of justice. I had never read anything like this before and I was shaken.

Small and humble
“I closed my eyes and saw Jesus standing there in front of me. I felt so small and humble. I looked up at Jesus and accepted him as my saviour. My heart was rejoicing. For years I had been longing for something that I could not explain but now I felt I had found peace and belonged to God.

“I have travelled much in my life, in Syria, Iraq and other countries in the Orient. I do not want to get involved in politics but I have seen so much pain and suffering caused by hatred and evil. I want to pass God’s love on to others and to establish a Kurdish church for my people.

“I feel very fortunate to have discovered Christ. I still have many Muslim imam friends and many university professors are my personal friends. I miss no opportunity to explain my faith to them, and they respect me for what I stand for.

http://www.biblesociety.org/sr_27/sr27_14.htm
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

Gulshan Esther - Pakistan Ex-Muslim, Smitten with typhoid - then crippled by polio as a teenager , Healed by Lord Jesus Miraculously, Became Christian Preacher

Born into a wealthy Muslim family in Pakistan, she was smitten with typhoid - then crippled by polio as a teenager.

For many years, Sister Esther was dependent upon servants for her most basic needs. She was examined by the best doctors in Pakistan and London. Her father took her on a haj to Medina and Mecca and Pray to Allah to heal her, Performed religious rites and prayed at Mohammed's tomb. All to no avail. Studying the Koran, she learned a woman called Miriam, gave birth to a Healer called Jesus. So for three years she prayed in the Name of this Healer.

Eventually Jesus answered her prayer, appeared in a vision accompanied by the Shekinah, and commanded her to arise and walk. When she tried to obey, the flesh manifested on her left side and for the first time in many years she was able to stand and walk. She gave her life to Jesus Christ, and has since suffered great persecution from family and friends for HIS Name. Her parents had both died by this time, and one of her brothers tried for thirty minutes to shoot her. And as she took her hands from over her eyes, she saw the hand of Jesus covering the barrel of his pistol. She saw the Lord raise her sister from the dead and has written two books, "The Torn Veil", and "Beyond the Veil". For the past twenty years, Sister Esther's traveled to different countries WITNESSING what JESUS has done in HER life. And what He HAS done for HER, He can do for YOU.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/nl002.htm
Silly

Bericht door Silly »

ppppppfffffff zijn er veel :|
wel cool :D dappere mensen
And if you tolerate this, then your children will be next...
**{I WILL NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING FREE!!}**
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo - a former Muslim, Now leads the largest and Fastest growing church in England.

Nigerian born Matthew Ashimolowo is senior pastor of Kingsway International Christian Centre, a church often described as the fastest growing in Europe. KICC services are held in a five thousand seater auditorium in north London. Ashimolowo presides over a congregation of thousands, which has expanded rapidly under his leadership. Church members now worship in shifts. The church has plans to build another arena to accommodate new members that will seat ten thousand worshippers at a time. It is reported that by 2010, the evangelical pastor aims to have increased KICC's membership to twenty-five thousand.

Ashimolowo also ministers in the Netherlands, France and Portugal, as well as Ghana, Nigeria, the United States and Canada. His daily radio show 'Winning Ways' reaches listeners in Europe and is broadcast as a television show to audiences in Europe via the Christian Channel and Inspirational Network, and to east and southeast Africa. 'Church Growth Trends' is the name of his radio programme broadcast to church leaders and other pastors in London.

Under the leadership of Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC holds an annual conference entitled the 'International Gathering of the Champions,' to which pastors and church members attend. The church also runs monthly 'Success and Prayer Seminars' directed to meet the needs of the congregation. During the seminars, Ashimolowo addresses topics such as courtship and marriage, business, money problems and maintaining a Godly household. Twice every month Ashimolowo heads a forum for pastors entitled 'Ministers Together.' According to the KICC Website, the sessions bring '200 pastors together for fellowship, mentoring, networking, counselling and encouragement.' However, in 2003, a Charity Commission inquiry found 'serious misconduct and mismanagement in the administration of the charity' and KICC was placed under the control of a receiver and managers until March 2005, when authority passed back to a reconstituted board.

In addition to his frequently referenced gift for oratory, Ashimolowo is also known as a writer. He was awarded the best author prize by the Nigerian Writers Association for his book 'Tongues of Fire,' and is the author of the 'Power of Positive Prayer Bible.'

http://people.africadatabase.org/en/profile/5849.html
http://www.kicc.org.uk/cgi-bin/SoftCart ... ?E+scstore

"Nigeria's Christians have a prophetic mandate," says Matthew Ashimolowo, a former Muslim who now leads England's largest church, the Kingsway International Christian Centre in east London. "God gave us a prophetic word that his servants will go out from our nation and shake the world." The 15,000-strong Word of Faith Bible Church, Ukraine's largest church, was founded by Sunday Adelaja, also a Nigerian, and the largest churches in Kenya, Tanzania, Ghana, Zimbabwe and Jamaica are also led by Nigerians.

http://www.jesus.org.uk/dawn/2002/dawn18.html
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

Abdullahi Jibril - Former Muslim Extremist Now Faces Persecution in Nigeria

The Miraculous Journey of a Former Persecutor of the Church

There was a time when Abdullahi Jibril seized every opportunity to persecute Christians in Nigeria. Now that he has converted to Christianity, he has become one of the persecuted.

"I was a great Muslim fundamentalist, waging war against Christians and Christianity," Jibril, 28, told Compass. "I commanded a group of 15 fellow anti-Christians and we went about disrupting church crusades in Kano."

While still a Muslim, Jibril acquired voodoo powers from witch doctors. These occult powers, he said, assisted him greatly in his persecution of Christians, and protected him physically during attacks.

However, on December 14, 1996, everything changed.

"There was this crusade going on in Koki Local Government Area in Kano state, and my group and I were determined to stop it," Jibril said. "When we got to this crusade ground, I was supposed to order my group to swing into action, being the leader. But as I stepped on the ground, I immediately became weak in the spirit, and physically I began to shake," he explained.

Confused by what was happening, Jabril left the crusade ground and returned home. There the problem worsened. He became restless and was shaking as if demon-possessed, he said. Then, for some unexplainable reason, Jabril picked up the Bible he'd used in arguing with Christians, and began to read. Conviction for his "crimes" gripped his heart.

"I then shouted, Lord Jesus help me!" he said, and suddenly experienced peace of mind. The confusion and shaking were gone.

Returning alone to the crusade ground, Jabril met secretly with a pastor, confessed his sins, and received Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.

"I began to go to church secretly, but went to the mosque openly," he said, because he was afraid of his parents and others Muslims.

Two months later, in February 1997, he decided to fully embrace Christ and abandon his Islamic faith. He stopped going to the mosque and devoted his time to attending church activities. His parents noticed and asked him, "Are you now a Christian?" Deciding to be bold, Jabril confirmed his parents' fears.

"The battle with my parents continued until April this year, when my parents could not tolerate me anymore," he said. "They have disowned me, and so l have been forced to leave home. Since then, l have been moving around the country, trying to escape persecution and preaching the goodness of our Lord Jesus Christ to others.

"Many Muslims have also threatened to deal with me. Some have said they will kill me. I am not afraid to die for the sake of the gospel of Jesus Christ," Jibril says.

http://www.ethne.org/index.php?loc=kb&v ... 23&fto=562&
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

Francisco Castro - Former Islamic Terrorist, Philippines

Francisco Castro is one who turned away. He is a former member of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, the MILF. It is the biggest Muslim rebel group in the Philippines.

Former terrorist Francisco Castro told us, "I was brainwashed since childhood that Christian people are our enemies and if I happen to kill one, it's a reward for me when I face Allah. And my reward will be seven virgins."

He went on, "I say the Islam religion is the front of terrorism because of my personal experiences. In that mosque where I was able to attend, you know what is inside that circle on top? AK 47's, Armalite and many, many explosives. In one of the cities of the Philippines, there was at least one or two mosques making powder in preparation for bombs."

But Rahman Ali is the Administrator of the Manila Golden Mosque and Cultural Center. Ali said, "You never do that inside the mosque. Maybe that is the doing of the groups who are only using Islam."

But, according to Blancaflor, some mosques were allegedly set up to be cover-ups for terrorist activities.

Attorney Blancaflor said, "We were able to raid a praying center. It doubled as an internet cafe. But it was actually a meeting place of terrorists. And these were the terrorists who bombed a domestic ferry boat resulting in the drowning of 116 Filipinos.

Former terrorist Castro says he was really blind during those years he was with the MILF rebel group.

What happened to open his eyes? He was hospitalized 14 years ago, and is grateful to the Christian doctor who attended to him.

The doctor shared the Gospel with him. But, Castro said, "One thing that really touched me-and I consider it as one of my turning points, is the way the doctor put milk into my mouth." Castro said, for the first time, he felt genuinely loved.

Castro added, "The door opened for me to become saved. On January 17, 1993, at 3 PM, I received Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior."

Today, Francisco has found a new life. Now he pastors a Christian church and reaches out to Muslims.

Assistant for National Defense Blancaflor believes that sooner or later terrorists may end up like Francisco Castro. Blancaflor said, "Many of these fighters become tired and they embrace religion in any form. For some people that is faith in an Almighty God."

It may seem very idealistic, but a life surrendered to God could still be the most effective way to conquer terrorism.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/cwn/120304terrorism.asp
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

Dr. Nasir K. Siddiki - successful Muslim businessman, Now Christian Preacher

In the 1980s, Dr. Nasir K. Siddiki was an extremely successful Muslim businessman by secular world standards. He raised millions of dollars in revenue for companies worldwide. As a seminar speaker, he attracted crowds of up to ten thousand, who came to listen and learn about his keys to success.

Having achieved his dream of financial success, he drove expensive cars and lived in luxurious homes. For years he accomplished great feats and set performance records in marketing and sales.

Then one day, Nasir was suddenly diagnosed with shingles - a deadly virus that attacked his nervous system. It was a life threatening situation for which there was no cure at the time. The doctors gave Nasir no hope, so in desperation he cried out to God. This is how Nasir met Jesus the Healer and Saviour, and his life changed forever. Picture of Nasir with shingles
http://www.wisdom-ministries.com/new_site/shingles.jpg

After he has experienced this miraculous recovery, Nasir has been dedicated to teaching biblical success principles to audiences worldwide through seminars, church services, and monthly teaching tapes. His tapes and books are currently distributed in 29 countries.

His wife Anita was also supernaturally healed from an incurable disease, Multiple Sclerosis. Together, they conduct healing crusades in churches across the country, resulting in thousands of miracle testimonies.

For more information please go to www.wisdomministries.org

Bericht door ric0 »

Hamza - former islamic scholar, Indonesia

Hamza was a learned Muslim scholar. He was educated and shaped under Islamic and Quranic teachings since his childhood. After getting his Islamic education for more than 16 years he successfully obtained his Islamic School Certification. It is clearly evident that his knowledge of the Quran and Islam has already been sufficiently deep and well developed. Nevertheless after three years of struggling with his theological and spiritual questions - searching honestly within both Islam and Christianity, Hamzah finally surrendered his life into the gracious hands of Isa Al-Masih (Jesus Christ) - his most loving and compassionate Saviour!
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

Reverend Majed El Shafie - Egyptian Ex-Muslim

Torture spurs man to fight for religious freedom

By MIKE MASLANIK

Finger Lakes Times
[email protected]

NEWARK — Seven hellish days of torture in an Egyptian prison did nothing to diminish Muslim-turned-Christian Majed El Shafie’s faith in God, but it did ignite a passion for helping other persecuted Christians worldwide.

El Shafie, founder of Toronto-based One Free World Ministries, will share his harrowing story and testimony at 7 p.m. Sunday at Em-manuel United Methodist Church in Newark. Through his ministry, he has reached out to lawmakers in the United States, Canada and Israel to relieve the plight of persecuted Christians in Asia and the Middle East. El Shafie urges love and forgiveness in the face of terrible hardship.

“I decided to forgive those who tortured me, but with forgiveness comes action,” he said. “We have to help the people that are suffering for their beliefs.”

Born into a prominent Muslim family in Cairo, El Shafie seemed destined to go into law. His father and brother are successful attorneys and an uncle serves as a judge on a high court.

“When you’re born into a family like this, you have lots of books on law, justice and freedom,” he said.

While studying law in Alexandria, El Shafie was shocked to see the harsh treatment of Christians. Building churches is illegal in Egypt, he said, and Christians are treated worse than second-class citizens.

Struck by this intolerance, El Shafie began studying the Bible. In 1998, when he was about 20, he converted to Christianity and organized an underground congregation that attracted 24,000 worshippers within two years.

It was literally an underground church, worshipping in caves near the outskirts of the city.

El Shafie ran afoul of the Egyptian government when he appealed for equal rights for Christians. He also took issue with the harsh teachings of the Koran, which the government used to justify persecuting Christians.

“It’s not that they’re bad because they’re Muslims,” he said. “Our problem was with their teaching of Islam.”

He was arrested and confined in Abu Jaabel prison in Cairo, a place locals call “Hell on Earth,” he said. The government charged him with inciting a revolution, trying to change Egypt’s religion to Christianity and “worshipping and loving Jesus Christ.”

While they had him in custody, police tried to get him to name names. El Shafie refused.

“They told me, ‘If you want to play tough, we can play tough,’” he said.

Authorities took El Shafie to an underground portion of the prison and tortured him for seven days straight, he said, noting they shaved his head and held him under scalding hot then freezing cold water. He was hung upside down and beaten with belts, burned by cigarettes and had his toenails torn out.

In a final insult, he said prison guards tied him to a cross and left him there for two days.

“The only thing I could remember was the taste and smell of my own blood,” he said.

El Shafie remembers losing consciousness and waking up in a hospital bed. A guard tipped him off that he was about to be executed, so he escaped out of a back window, he said.

When the government learned of El Shafie’s escape, it issued a $100,000 fatwa on his head, he said.

“My picture was on TV and in the newspapers, so I knew I couldn’t stay in Egypt,” he said, describing an escape reminiscent of a James Bond movie.

He said he rode across the Red Sea on a jet ski, crossed the Sinai Desert and turned himself in to the Israeli government. He remained in Israeli custody for 16 months while the United Nations and Amnesty International investigated his story. He was finally granted political-refugee status and emigrated to Toronto.

El Shafie emerged from his experience a hardened advocate for persecuted Christians.

“This whole thing changed my life,” he said. “I’m not giving up because I know people are going through that.”

Becoming a Christian cost El Shafie his home and his family, who have since disowned him, but he gained a new purpose in life.

Since founding the 1,000-member strong One Free World Ministries, El Shafie has been lobbying for condemnation for regimes that persecute Christians. He has also raised money to send farming equipment to Christian communities in the Middle East and Asia.

Every year, 165,000 Christians are killed for their beliefs, he said, in places like North Korea, China and Saudi Arabia. It’s the duty of all people to recognize this harsh treatment and to do something to stop this suffering, he said.

To all governments that persecute Christians, El Shafie offers this message:

“The persecuted Christians are dying, but they’re still smiling. They’re in a deep mine, but they’re holding the light of the Lord. You can kill the dreamer, but you can’t kill the dream.”

For more information on El Shafie’s ministry, visit

His WebSite : www.onefreeworldinternational.org
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

Sites van exmoslims die christen zijn geworden

Zak Gariba - Former Muslim Imam
www.gariba.org

Mark Gabriel - Former muslim imam, Al-azhar Islamic university professor
www.markagabriel.org

Walid Shoebat - A Former PLO Islamic Terrorist
www.shoebat.com

Jeremiah Fard Muhammad - Former Muslim minister
www.wicctv.org

Nonie Darwish - Freelance writer and public speaker
www.noniedarwish.com

Mohammad Ghazoli, Political writer in Elite Arabic news papers
www.ghazoli.com

Dr. Ergun Mehmet Caner - Turkish Ex-Muslim(Dean of Liberty Theological Seminary in Lynchburg, Va)
www.erguncaner.com

Reverend Donald Fareed - Iranian Ex-Muslim, Persian Ministries
www.persianministries.org

Salah - Ex-Muslim Palestinian, Gospel Musician
www.SalahJam.com

Dr. Abraham Sarker - Bangladeshi Ex-Muslim, "Gospel for Muslims" Ministries
www.gospelformuslims.com
www.understandmymuslimpeople.com

Hussain Andaryas - Afgani Ex-Muslim
www.hesavedme.com

Afgan Converts WebSite
www.shahadat.net

Nurudeen I. Adeojo
www.wohcc.org

David Naseer
www.davidnasser.com

Emir Caner - Dean of The College at Southwestern
www.emircaner.com

Dr. Nasir K. Siddiki - Muslim businessman, Now Christian Preacher
www.wisdom-ministries.com

WL Cati- Zennah Ministries
www.zennahministries.org
http://wlcati.com

Ahmed Abaza
www.hofhineministry.com

Ajeenah El-Amin
www.unitedfaithnetwork.org

Abdul Hakeem - Nur Ul alam Ministry
www.namindia.org

Yemeni ex-muslims
www.yemen4jesus.com

An Ex-Muslim Christian Website run by Iraqi ex-Muslims
www.exmuslim.com

Pastor Hormoz Shariat Ph.D, Scientist, Iranian Ex-Muslim, Now Tele-Evangelist
www.iam-online.net

Rev. Majed El Shafie
www.onefreeworldinternational.org

Simin - Iranian ExMuslim
www.isa-masih.com

Mohammed Altaf(Now Simon Altaf) - Pakistani ex-Muslim
www.abrahamic-faith.com

One Anonymous muslim
http://www.journeytojesus.com/

Jerry Rassamni - Ex-Militant, Now Christian, popular speaker on apologetics
http://www.fromjihadtojesus.com/

Abdoul Rahim - "Building Bridges to the Truth" Ministries
www.buildingbridgestothetruth.com

Paul Ciniraj Mohamed - SALEM VOICE MINISTRIES
www.salemvoice.com

Betsy Tan - "In Him" Ministries
www.visionbooks.net
Manon

Bericht door Manon »

ric0 ben je van plan om de hele answering-islam site te copieren of zo?
More diversity always means "less white people"
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide.
ric0

Bericht door ric0 »

De meeste van deze artikelen komen niet van a-Islam.....

en zo is het wel even genoeg.. :D
Ketter

Bericht door Ketter »

ric0 schreef:De meeste van deze artikelen komen niet van a-Islam.....

Ja, inderdaad, zo is het wel even genoeg! :)
Zonder (ji)haat straat.

Wat is er zo moeilijk te begrijpen aan het feit dat ik niet kan geloven in een God die zo duidelijk kwaadaardig is?
Thomas

Bericht door Thomas »

Ketter schreef:
ric0 schreef:De meeste van deze artikelen komen niet van a-Islam.....

Ja, inderdaad, zo is het wel even genoeg! :)
Jezus ric0....
Ik dacht ff dat je voor jezelf was begonnen...
Pfffffffffffffffffff
Context???
Uitleg???
Ik lees wat er staat ...en er staat wat ik lees!!!!
sprot
Contacteer:

Bericht door sprot »

Mooi ... als tussenfase naar het ATHEÏSME !!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...
Soms denk ik juist,soms denk ik fout,maar ik dénk tenminste
Dubitando ad Veritatem pervenimus (Cicero)
Sapere aude!
In het 'Huis van de Vrede' is het steeds Oorlog.
Silly

Bericht door Silly »

zie je atheisme als een soort van eindstadium waar de mensen beter en slimmer zijn ofzo??

atheisme is ook een religie :twisted:
Ketter

Bericht door Ketter »

Silly schreef:
zie je atheisme als een soort van eindstadium waar de mensen beter en slimmer zijn ofzo??
Dat zeg jij, Silly, niet wij.
Silly schreef:atheisme is ook een religie :twisted:
Neen, dat is het niet.

We belijden niet "ik geloof dat er geen god is", neen we zeggen, "we geloven niet in goden" net zoals "we geloven niet in éénhoorns" of zoals ik altijd zeg: "spijtig genoeg, is de kans klein dat er goden of éénhoorns zijn". Vertel mij, hang jij misschien ook het a-éénhoorn-isme aan als religie?

In ieder geval: Werkloosheid is geen beroep. Een braak veld is niet een soort van gewas. Gezondheid is geen soort ziekte. Atheïsme/agnosticisme is geen relgie, maar een aanduiding dat we geen religie hebben. Ik zeg altijd: niet-confessioneel.

Als je echt naar mijn religie vraagt, dan vraag je misschien naar mijn wereldbeeld, waarden en normen. Dan antwoord ik: geloof in de realiteit, humanisme, positivisme.

Let me eens uit, met welk motief zeg je dat "atheisme een religie is"?

mvg,
Ketter
Zonder (ji)haat straat.

Wat is er zo moeilijk te begrijpen aan het feit dat ik niet kan geloven in een God die zo duidelijk kwaadaardig is?
Silly

Bericht door Silly »

wilde alleen weten of jij het atheisme en daarmee jezelf zo ziet. van mij mag je, ik weet dat er helaas mensen zijn die dat botweg beweren, beetje jammer...

je gelooft dat er geen goden zijn. je gelooft dat de wetenschap de enige is die met antwoorden kan komen. je gelooft dat wat je niet ziet er ook niet is. atheisme is niet alleen anti-god, het is een hele beredening en er komt meer bij kijken dan een weg-met-god idee.

waarom is een religie niet een wereldbeeld?
en wat is er mis met eenhoorns :? ?
Thomas

Bericht door Thomas »

Silly schreef:
wilde alleen weten of jij het atheisme en daarmee jezelf zo ziet. van mij mag je, ik weet dat er helaas mensen zijn die dat botweg beweren, beetje jammer...

je gelooft dat er geen goden zijn. je gelooft dat de wetenschap de enige is die met antwoorden kan komen. je gelooft dat wat je niet ziet er ook niet is. atheisme is niet alleen anti-god, het is een hele beredening en er komt meer bij kijken dan een weg-met-god idee.

waarom is een religie niet een wereldbeeld?
en wat is er mis met eenhoorns :? ?
Silly, prachverhaal maar in mijn optiek heerlijk onzin!!!!

1) Ik geloof niet dat er geen goden zijn. Ik weet het zeker. Er zijn geen goden.

2) Ik geloof niet dat de wetenschap de enige is die met antwoorden kan komen maar ik weet wel zeker dat de wetenschap de enige is die met de beste antwoorden kan komen. God zal in ieder geval niet met antwoorden komen. Zie 1)

3) Ik geloof niet dat wat ik niet zie er niet is. Ik weet dat wat ik niet zie er niet is.

4) Atheisme is niet zozeer antigod als wel er is geen god. En nogmaals (en ik heb het je al eerder gevraagd) toon mij jouw god maar aan. Helaas heeft nog nooit iemand een god kunnen aantonen. Net zo min als dat iemand mij ooit heeft kunnen vertellen wat er gebeurd NA de dood. Terwijl toch bijna iedereen dat schijnt te weten(???)

Toch blijkt die imaginaire grootheid die tussen jouw oortjes zit resultaten te kunnen boeken. Jij schijnt daar veel baat (geestelijk) bij te hebben. Dan heeft jouw god in ieder geval voor jou een functie ook al is hij er in werkelijkheid helemaal niet.
Zolang ik er maar geen last van heb!!!!

5)Met eenhoorns is niets mis. Zeker niet in de spannende verhalen waar ze in voor kunnen komen. En ze hebben 1 overeenkomst met god: ze bestaan niet.

Met vr.gr.

Thomas
Context???
Uitleg???
Ik lees wat er staat ...en er staat wat ik lees!!!!
Plaats reactie