islam begon met moord en etnische zuiveringen

Deze afdeling dient niet voor discussies. Het is een databasis van documenten, websites, boeken en andere bronnen teneinde sceptici te voorzien in materiaal om hun artikels op te stellen, zodat ze islam kunnen weerleggen. Plaats uw links in de juiste topic. Indien u een nieuwe topic wil inleiden, gelieve mij dat dan eerst te laten weten, we willen gelijklopende topics vermijden. Geen copy paste. Geef volledige referenties en ga na of uw bron betrouwbaar is. Indien u één van de aangehaalde bronnen wil weerleggen, vragen wij u dat te doen in de andere afdelingen van dit forum.
CroMagnon

islam begon met moord en etnische zuiveringen

Berichtdoor CroMagnon » Ma Aug 23, 2004 1:32 am

Een klein rondje langs diverse islamitische websites leert ons het volgende:

islam started with killing & ethnic cleansing:

understanding-islam.com:
An Incident related to the Life of the Prophet (pbuh)
{scroll down to:}

"The Qur'an tells us that Muhammad (sws) was not only a Prophet (nabi) but also a messenger (Rasu'l) of Allah.

The Qur'an tells us that when Allah sends His messenger in a people, these people are not allowed to live on Allah's earth if they reject the messenger.

It tells us that these people are given time in which to make up their minds and to present all their objections against the messenger (Rasu'l). It tells us that when the Al-knowing Allah decides that these people have been given adequate time and that they are now absolutely clear of the truthfulness of the messenger and thus are not left with any excuse for their rejection but still are persistent in their rejection then Allah directs his prophet to migrate from the area and then he destroys all those who have rejected his messenger.

The Qur'an refers to the peoples (nations of the messengers of old - Noah, Hood, Lot, Shoaib, Saaleh and Moses (pbuh)- and narrates the result of their rejection. It declares to the direct addressees of Muhammad (sws) that if they don't accept the message of Allah's messenger (Muhammad) their fate shall be no different from those nations that have gone before them. (Surah al-Qamar the whole Surah especially verse no 43-45)

In short the Qur'an says it is the unalterable law of Allah that when he sends his messenger in a people, these particular people are left with no option but to accept his message or to face the punishment of death and sometimes complete annihilation. "

"The Qur'an goes further to tell us how this punishment was implemented on the polytheists from among the direct addressees of the Prophet (sws).

It tells us that although the previous nations of the messengers of Allah were annihilated because of their rejection through (apparently) natural calamities the companions of Muhammad (sws) because Allah has given them rule in a land (Medina) shall fight the rejecters and through these believers shall Allah implement his punishment (al_Tauba 9:14-16).

It directs them that the Mushrikeen should be killed without any exception. They should only be allowed to live if they accept Islam (al-Taubah 9:5). On the other hand, it also directs them that the Jews and the Christians (because they weren't polytheists I.e. Mushrikeen) even if they don't enter the folds of Islam, they may be allowed to live if they accept to live under the Muslim rule and agree to pay the Jizyah (Al-Taubah 9:29).

Thus the Prophet (sws) sent his messenger who declared at the time of Hajj that no one from among the rejecting polytheists shall be allowed to live after the prohibited months, if he does not accept Islam.

--------------------------------------------------------

more killing:

Renaissance, Pakistani based, monthly magazine
Waging War against Non-Muslims
{scroll down to:}
2. Waging War against Non-Muslims

Authorities are of the opinion that Muslims must fight the polytheist nations as well as the Jews and Christians of today until they subdue them. It is further held that while the polytheist nations must be put to death if they do not accept faith, the Jews and Christians can be allowed to live on their religions if they submit to Muslim authority by paying Jizyah.

The following verses are generally presented in support of this view:

Slay the Idolaters wherever you find them. Seize them, surround them and everywhere lie in ambush for them. But if they repent from their wrong beliefs and establish regular prayers and pay Zakah, then spare their lives. God is Oft-Forgiving and Ever Merciful. (9:5)

Fight those who believe not in Allah or the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth, from among the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizyah after being subdued and live a life of submission. (9:29)

It has been shown in the previous sections that these verses and other verses of similar meaning specifically pertain to the polytheists, the Jews and the Christians of the Prophet Muhammad’s times. They had deliberately denied the message of Muhammad (sws) and were as a result given this punishment.

After Muhammad (sws), his authorized Companions (rta) carried on the mission against the major political powers of their times. This onslaught, it has been discussed earlier, was specific to their status as witnesses to the truth, and their endeavour was basically a manifestation of a divine scheme.
Consequently, the age old debate about whether Islam was spread through the sword or not should also be understood in this perspective. The Companions (rta) of Muhammad (sws) in their collective capacity were only enforcing the implication of their status as witnesses to the religion of the truth.

In reality, they were not spreading Islam; they were punishing people who had deliberately denied the truth.

conquest, killing & looting:

sunnah-online.com

Conquest of India Prior to the Day of Judgment
Conquest of India Prior to the Day of Judgment
Ali Al-Timimi
At-Tuwaijiri's Ithaf al-Jama'a, Vol. 1, pp. 365-366

------------------------------------

The latest conflict in Kashmir between the Mujahideen (those who fight in righteous jihaad) and India brings to mind the ahadeeth regarding the conquest of India prior to the day of Judgment.

Thawban, radhiAllaahu 'anhu (May Allah be pleased with him), that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam (May Allah's peace and blessing be upon him), said, "Two groups of my ummah Allah has protected from the hellfire: a group that will conquer India and a group that will be with 'Isa b. Maryam, alayhis salaam (Jesus, May Peace be upon him)." [Reported by Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, and at-Tabarani]

Na'im b. Hammad in al-Fitan reports that Abu Hurayrah, radhiAllaahu 'anhu, said that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, mentioned India and said, "A group of you will conquer India, Allah will open for them [India] until they come with its kings chained - Allah having forgiven their sins - when they return back [from India], they will find Ibn Maryam in Syria."

While Abu Hurayrah said, "The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, promised us [the Muslims] the conquest of India. If I was to come across that I will spend my soul and wealth. If I am killed then I am among the best of martyrs. And if I return then I am Abu Hurayrah the freed." [Reported by Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, and al-Hakim]

In another narration reported by Ahmad, Abu Hurayrah says, "I was told by my khalil (trans - beloved), the truthful and believed in, the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, that there will be in this ummah an expedition sent to Sind and Hind (India) ..." The rest of the narration is the same but it has the following addition, "... then I will be released from the Hellfire." At-Tuwaijri remarks this addition explains what is meant by "the freed" above.

Historical background:

Ibn Kathir remarks in al-Bidaya wan-Nihaya, "The Muslims invaded India during the days of Mu'awiya in the year 44 A.H and [great] events transpired then. And [likewise] the mighty and magnificent King Mahmud b. Subuktikin the ruler of Ghazna invaded the lands of India at the turn of the fifth century. He entered India and killed, took captive, [and] enslaved [many]. He took [muc] booty. He entered as-Sumanat (*) and destroyed the great al-Budda which they worship and he stripped it of its jewlery. He then returned [to Ghazna] safe, [Divinely] aided, and victorious."

* as-Sumanat is a costal city where India's scholars, monks, and the idol al-Budda are found.

At-Tuwaijiri remarks that Ibn al-Athir has detailed the campaigns of Mahmud b. Subuktikin in his book al-Kamil fi t-Tarikh.

offensive wars , attack & conquer , pre-emptive strikes:

bismikaallahuma.org
The Legislation & The Beginning of Jihad
by Akram Diya al 'Umari
Professor of the History of the Sunnah, Graduate Department, Islamic University of Madinah, Saudi Arabia
The Legislation of Jihad

Jihad is an Islamic legal term meaning fighting in the way of Allah in order to establish a just system which upholds the laws of the Shariah and seeks to realize the aims of Islam on earth.

Then came the third stage in which the Muslims were ordered to fight the Mushrikun and to initiate the fighting. This was to facilitate the spread of Islam by removing any obstacles placed in its path by the forces of Shirk (polytheism or idolatry), and to give the Muslims the upper hand in the world.

Describing the Futuhat* as defensive is an apologetic attempt which does not stand up to serious argument. Did the people of Andalusia or Transoxiana cross the Muslims' borders in order to conquer them? Did securing the borders necessitate the Muslims' penetrating deeply into three continents, Asia, Europe and Africa, where dangerous events and decisive battles took place far from the Arabian Peninsula, such as the battle of Tours at Poitiers in the south of France, the conquest of Crete and southern Italy, the battle of Tiraz on the Talas river in Transoxiana, and finally the siege of Vienna?

The true explanation of the Futuhat is that they applied their religious duty which is Jihad, and which the Prophet(P) described as the pinnacle of Islam.

{*Futuhat = 'liberation campaigns' to free the people of their 'non-muslim-ness'}

killing of critics:

www.masud.co.uk:
The proof of the necessity of killing anyone who curses the Prophet or finds fault with him
..... We have already mentioned the consensus. As for the traditions, al-Husayn ibn 'Ali related from his father that the Messenger of Allah said in respect of this matter, "Whoever curses a Prophet, kill him. Whoever curses my Companions, beat him."[7]

In a sound hadith the Prophet commanded that Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf be killed. He asked, "Who will deal with Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf? He has harmed Allah and His Messenger." He sent someone to assassinate him without calling him to Islam, in distinction to other idol-worshippers. The cause of that lay in his causing harm to the Prophet. That indicates that the Prophet had him killed for something other than idol-worship. It was for causing harm. Abu Rafi,' who used to harm the Messenger of Allah and work against him, was also killed.

Similarly on the Day of the Conquest, he ordered the killing of Ibn Khatal and his two slavegirls who used to sing his curses on the Prophet.

In another hadith about a man who used to curse the Prophet, the Prophet said, "Who will save me from my enemy?" Khalid said, "I will," so the Prophet sent him out and he killed him.

Similarly the Prophet commanded that a group of unbelievers who used to injure and curse him, like an-Nadr ibn al-Harith and 'Uqba ibn Abi Mu'ayt, be killed. He promised that a group of them would be killed before and after the conquest. They were all killed except for those who hurried to become Muslim before they were overpowered. Al-Bazzar related from Ibn 'Abbas that 'Uqba ibn Abi Mu'ayt cried out, "O company of Quraysh, why is it that I alone among you am to be killed without war?" The Prophet said, "For your disbelief and your forging lies against the Messenger of Allah."

'Abdu'r-Razzaq mentioned that a man cursed the Prophet, causing the Prophet to say, "Who will save me from my enemy?" Az-Zubayr said, "I will." He sent az-Zubayr and he killed him.

It is related that a woman used to curse the Prophet and he said, "Who will save me from my enemy?" Khalid ibn al-Walid went out and killed her.

It is related that a man forged lies against the Prophet and he sent 'Ali and az-Zubayr to kill him.

Ibn Qani' related that a man came to the Prophet and said, "Messenger of Allah, I heard my father say something ugly about you, so I killed him," and that did not distress the Prophet.

Al-Mujahir ibn Abi Umayya, the Amir of Yemen, reported to Abu Bakr that a woman there in the time of the Ridda[8]chanted curses against the Prophet, so he cut off her hand and pulled out her front teeth. When Abu Bakr heard that, he said to him, "If you had not done what you already did, I would have commanded you to kill her because the hadd regarding the Prophet is not like the hadd regarding others."

Ibn 'Abbas said that a woman from Khatma[9] satirised the Prophet and the Prophet said, "Who will deal with her for me?" A man from her people said, "I will, Messenger of Allah." The man got up and went and killed her. He told the Prophet who said, "Two goats will not lock horns over her."[10]

Ibn 'Abbas said that a blind man had an umm walad who used to curse the Prophet. He scolded her and restrained her, but she would not be restrained. That night she began to attack and revile the Prophet, so he killed her. He told the Prophet about that and he said he had shed her blood with impunity.[11]

ethnic cleansing again:

www.masmn.org
Riyad-us-Saliheen: The book of Miscellany - Chapter 49
Compiled By Al-Imam Abu Zakariya Yahya bin Sharaf An-Nawawi Ad-Dimashqi
390. `Abdullah bin `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "I have been commanded (by Allah) to fight people until they testify that there is no true god except Allah, and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and perform Salat and pay Zakat. If they do so, they will have protection of their blood and property from me except when justified by Islam, and then account is left to Allah".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith brings out the following .... points:

1. The objective of Jihad. This objective warrants that one must struggle against Kufr (disbelief) and Shirk (polytheism) and the worship of falsehood in all its forms. Jihad has to continue until this objective is achieved. This contention is supported by a Hadith, to the effect that Jihad will continue till the Day of Resurrection. In this Hadith the word (An-Nas) translated above as "people" stands for the polytheists and idolaters. The reason being that other Nasus (pl. of Nass, meaning `text') confirm the exemption of Ahl-ul-Kitab (people of the Scriptures) from it subject to the condition that they agree to pay Jizyah (dues imposed by Islam on the people of the Book living under the protection of an Islamic state) and submit to the Muslim rule.

The Arab pagans have only the choice to either embrace Islam or face war.

In the latter case, it is incumbent on the Muslims to wage Jihad against them to wipe out Kufr and Shirk and raise the banner of Tauhid everywhere.

This Hadith strongly refutes the people who distort the Islamic concept of Jihad and hold that Islam preaches defensive war only. It is an apologetic approach because defensive war has to be fought in any case by every nation and country. Thus, it is a compulsion and needs no justification. The real distinction of Islam lies in its enjoining Muslims to wage war for upholding the truth besides fighting for their own defense.

The domination of Kufr, Shirk and falsehood is darkness, heresy and tyranny, and the objective of Islam is to purge the world of all these evils. It aims at liberating man from the worship of man, set them on the path of worship of Allah, and to provide a just and equitable society to mankind.

Wherever in the world there is tyranny, ignorance and heresy, Muslims are bound to fight such evils and finish them by means of Jihad.

{ - Translation: offensive wars are justified (or even obligatory), with the purpose of 'liberating' mankind from un-islamic religions, views and thoughts (or: destroying un-islamic religions, views and thoughts among the non-muslims) - }

phantasies about genocide:

Sahih Muslim Book 041, Number 6985:
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/muslim/041.smt.html#041.6985
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.

more ethnic cleansing:

Sahih Muslim Book 019, Number 4366:
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/muslim/019.smt.html#019.4366
It has been narrated by 'Umar b. al-Khattib that he heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslim.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 53, Number 392:
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/053.sbt.html#004.053.392
Narrated Abu Huraira:

While we were in the Mosque, the Prophet came out and said, "Let us go to the Jews" We went out till we reached Bait-ul-Midras. He said to them, "If you embrace Islam, you will be safe. You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and I want to expel you from this land. So, if anyone amongst you owns some property, he is permitted to sell it, otherwise you should know that the Earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle."

etc... :roll:
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

visit: muslim-quotes

CroMagnon

killing the worshippers of Dhu-al-Khalasah

Berichtdoor CroMagnon » Vr Aug 27, 2004 7:53 pm

killing the worshippers of Dhu-al-Khalasah

THE BOOK OF IDOLS
BEING A TRANSLATION FROM THE ARABIC
OF THE KITAB AL-ASNAM
BY HISHAM IBN-AL-KALBI
(d. A.H. 206/ A.D. 821-822)

Dhu-al-Khalasah
Among those idols, too, was dhu-al-Khalasah[1]. It was a carved niece of white quartz with something in the form of a crown upon its head. It stood in Tahalah[2], between Mecca and San'a[3], at a distance of seven nights' journey from Mecca. Its custody was in the hands of the banu-Umamah[4] of the Bahilah ihn-A'sur[5]. The Khath'am[6], the Bajilah[7], and the Azd[8] of al-Sarah[9], as well as those Arab sub-tribes of the Hawazin[10] who lived in their vicinity and those Arabs residing in Tabalah, were wont to venerate it and come to it with sacrifice.

When the Apostle of God captured Mecca and the Arabs embraced Islam, among the delegates who came to pay their homage was Jarir ibn-'Abdullah[16]. He came to the Apostle and embraced Islam before him. Thereupon the Apostle addressed him saying, "O Jarir! Wilt thou not rid me of dhu-al-Khalasah?" Jarir replied, "Yea." So the Apostle dispatched him to destroy it. He set out until he got to the banu-Abmas[17] of the Bajilah [tribe] and with them he proceeded to dhu-al-Khalasah. There he was met by the Khath'am and the Bahilah, who resisted him and attempted to defend dhu-al-Khalasah. He, therefore, fought them and killed a hundred men of the Bahilah, its custodians, and many of the Khath'am[15]; while of the banu-Qubafah ibn-'Amir ibn-Khath'am[18] he killed two hundred. having defeated them and forced them into flight, he demolished the building which stood over dhu-al-Khalasah and set it on fire.

A certain woman of the banu-Khath'am thereupon said:
    "The banu-Umamah, each wielding his spear,
    Were slaughtered at al-Wahyab[19], their abode;
    They came to defend their shrine, only to find
    Lions with brandished swords clamoring for blood.
    The women of the Khath'am were, then, humiliated
    By the men of the Abmas, and abased
    ."

At the present time dhu-al-Khalassah constitutes the threshold of the gate of the mosque at Tabalab.

We have been told that the Apostle of God once said, "This world shall not pass away until the buttocks of the women of Daws[20] wiggle [again] around dhu-al-Khalasah and they worship it as they were wont to do [before Islam] [21]."

FOOTNOTES
1. cf. Ryckmans, vol.1, p. 104; Buldan, vol.11, pp.461-463; Wellhausen, pp.45-48.
2. Sifah, p.127; cf. Buldan, vol.I, pp.816-817.
3. Text, "al-Yaman."
4. cf. Ishtiqaq, p.165.
5. ibid., p.164.
6. ibid., p.304.
7. ibid., p.302.
8. Better known as the Asd; see Shams al-'Ulum, p.3; Ishtiqaq, p.283; Sirah, p.70.
9. The range of mountains stretching from the extreme limit of Yemen north to Hejar; see Sifah, pp.67-71.
10. Ishtiqaq, p.177.
11. Al-Aghani. vol. viii, p.70. For the life of lmru'-al-Qays, see ibid., vol, viii pp.62-76; al-Shi'r w-al-Shu'ara', pp.37-56.
12. al-Shi'r w-al-Shu'ara', pp.409-410.
13. Ishtiqaq, p.306.
14. Dhu-al-Khalasah.
15. Al-Nu'man III, son of al-Mundhir, ca. A.D. 580-602, nicknamed abu-Qabuss; see al-Isfahani, p. iii; Philip K. Hitti, History of the Arabs, London, 1949, pp.83-84.
16. A1-Bajali, d. A.H. 54/ A.D. 674; Sirah, p. 56; al-Ma'arif, p.149.
17. Ishtiqaq, p.304.
18. Cf. ibid., p.305.
19. Buldan, vol. iv, p.941.
20. Ishtiqaq, p.291.
21. Al-Bukhari, Sahih, Fitan: 24.

visit: muslim-quotes

Terug naar “Bronnen Centrum”