Back in business.

Stel vragen aan de moderators, mededelingen over onderhoud, suggesties over verbetering van het forum.
Plaats reactie
Ariel

Back in business.

Bericht door Ariel »

We zijn weer terug , en ik laat maar weer even DT aan het woord, want wie kan het beter dan hij vertelen wat er aan de hand was.

Ok, for those who didn't get the full story...

The company we lease our server from went out of business. Apparently, they owed the datacenter a lot of money, and the datacenter finally got tired of waiting and pulled the plug on every server they were renting, including ours.

I won't go over all of the boring details, but it's taken us this long to get our account transferred over, so we are now leasing directly from the datacenter. First, there were problems establishing an account. Once that was sorted out, there were problems with them figuring out which server belonged to us (they had a big storm on Thursday that knocked out power to their administrative offices). Finally, the support ticket that was supposed to be intended to reconnect our server to the network got lost in the shuffle, and nobody was paying any attention to it.

We finally opened a second ticket and basically jumped up down screaming. They apologized, and the server is now up again.

Cripes, what a week!

Op de vraag waar we nu bij zitten, en dat het forum sneller is, antwoord DT.
It's the same server with the same configuration. We're just not sub-leasing it anymore. A nice bonus is that leasing directly from the datacenter is a little less expensive.

Anyway, I presume the reason it's running faster is because the Indonesian forum isn't swamped with people right now. There are a lot of guests browsing, but they don't take up as much bandwidth as logged in users. Either the people in Indonesia haven't figured out we're back online yet, or the Indonesian government has begun banning websites as they promised, and FFI is blocked.

Anyone in Indonesia able to connect without a proxy?

We're working on getting the Indo forum their own server. That should make things faster around here all the time.
En jammer jammer, jammer...We hadden net een paar dagen voor dat dit gebeurde een paar honderd dollar aan de Dedicated place betaald. Zonde van het geld.
Thanks everyone for the kind words, but I didn't really do much this time. I discovered the cause of the problem on a forum for web hosts, and we eventually resolved it by writing a bunch of emails to the datacenter. The sad part is that we'd paid our previous hosts for the current month just a few days before the datacenter pulled the plug. Our previous hosts didn't send out a notice to their clients that they were going under until two days after all of the servers had been shut down.

I'm just REALLY REALLY glad that we didn't end up having to move to another server. We still would have been down for the same amount of time at the very least, but I would have been working my a$$ off to get the server configured and running. In this case, all they had to do was plug the network cable back in.

Also, you don't have to sit in the dark wondering what happened. When something like this happens I usually manage to get word out to a handful of people and let them know what's going on. They, in turn, post updates on several other Islam related forums. If you look around you'll usually be able to get the info.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.
Anneke

Bericht door Anneke »

Hee we zijn er weer! :D Goed dat we weer online kunnen, heb het gemist.
SDX

Bericht door SDX »

Ik ook...voelde me zo verloren...
"Joew hef toe tôk toe mie wiz RIESPEK, aaj em moesliem en aaj em bedder den joew!" [Some average muslim]
Ariel

Bericht door Ariel »

De volgende keer krijg je bericht SDX, Ik had je mail adres niet, maar nu heb ik je toegevoegd aan de lijst.

Sorry.... :oops:
SDX

Bericht door SDX »

aaah gelukkig...dankje Ariel...ik wist niet wat er mis was... :cry:
"Joew hef toe tôk toe mie wiz RIESPEK, aaj em moesliem en aaj em bedder den joew!" [Some average muslim]
Ariel

Bericht door Ariel »

Niemand die dit verwacht had SDX, Waardeloos. Ik hoop dat Allah ons vanaf nu goed gezind is. :D
SDX

Bericht door SDX »

:razz: worthy: :evil:
Plaats reactie